Singularity Group Chapters are local communities run by Global Ambassadors, with the goal of building, managing and developing communities that use exponential technology to create impact. Chapters facilitate local innovation ecosystems, whose participants focus on furthering the Singularity Group’s mission of leveraging exponential technologies to solve humanity’s grand challenges.
Chapters are led by a Leadership team made of one Primary Global Ambassador, who signs an Agreement with Singularity Group and represents the Chapter with our Headquarters; and peer Global Ambassadors who work alongside the Primary Global Ambassador to lead the Chapter (we recommend a team of 2-5 people, depending on the size and needs of your community). In addition, Chapters have Chapter Members who join the team to help with more minor responsibilities, support the Chapter in working towards their Impact Goal, and attend local chapter meetings and events.
Chapters are city-based, and they work towards an Annual Impact Goal. Impact goals are Chapter-wide projects that the team will work towards over the course of the year, directed to creating social impact in your local community(ies). Impact Goals are directed towards solving one or more of the UN’s SDG(s) (Sustainable Development Goals), to solve an issue your community is facing, address a problem that you find hasn’t been solved, provide resources and education in a specific area, etc.
Some examples of Impact Goals are:
- “Reduce waste and increase re-use in our local communities through education, collaborating with local business, start ups and influencing policy.”
- “Reach out to 20,000 students to form peer learning groups to digitize, decentralize, democratize and demonetise their access to exponential technologies.”
Several chapters won the 2022 Impact Awards earlier this year for establishing impact projects that made real-world social impact, bettering their communities around the world.
"Chapters allow us to have a local presence in areas where we can build grassroots efforts with key constituents - governments, NGOs, academics, corporations and entrepreneurs. It is our fastest way to create global impact at scale,” said Darlene Damm, Vice President of Community and Impact at Singularity Group.
“We believe the world’s greatest challenges are also our greatest opportunities. Chapter ambassadors make local and global change, using technology to address our world’s most pressing issues. Singularity Chapters inspire and enable current and future generations with access to technology and a future-forward mindset.” said Anuka Roinishvili, who leads Singularity’s Chapters Program.
What do Global Ambassadors get for leading a Chapter?
As a Chapter you have access to a plethora of resources, events and experts through Singularity. You will receive insight and information regarding exclusive content, opportunities to collaborate in interactive meetings with changemakers from all over the world, and be recognized as true champions of change. Here is a list of resources we provide:
- Curated Content: Chapters have access to curated content available from some of our paid programs, including our Newsletter and our exclusive Learning Paths.
- Workshops & Webinars: Global Ambassadors and Chapter members can attend exclusive events & workshops, which are also recorded and shared for access afterwards.
- Visibility through Impact Stories: We have a process dedicated to showcase the amazing work Chapters are doing with their Impact projects for the entire community to see. This includes posts in our Blog, Hub Articles, Social Media and more!
- Complimentary Tickets: Chapters get complimentary tickets to our yearly Virtual events (when held), as well as discounted prices to Summits and more!
- Impact Awards: The best Impact Story(ies) will receive a custom award meant to help them grow even more in their project and gain more visibility at the end of the year. These awards will also be portrayed to the world in one of our key Singularity Events!
- Resources & More: We provide Chapters with Resources like the Global Ambassador Playbook (with all the info you need to know about Chapters), the Impact Workbook, meant to help you as a guide while you work towards your Impact Goals, Chapter logos, marketing materials, social media groups & more.
What are Global Ambassadors expected to do?
Global Ambassadors, as leaders of each Chapter, embrace the responsibility of growing the Singularity Group community in their city, and bringing together the right people to create local impact and change our world for the better. This opportunity and experience working with Singularity can take your mission, goals and impact to exponential levels and we are ready to work with you to change millions of lives! Here is a list of expectations for Global Ambassadors:
- Community Building: Global Ambassadors are in charge or growing and managing their local communities, spreading the word about exponential technologies and Singularity, as well as educating on these topics.
- Impact Work: Each Chapter works towards an Annual Impact Goal, which is a project to create social impact and change in your local community.
- Think Tanks: Each Chapter is expected to conduct at least one quarterly “Think Tank”, these are sessions conducted between each Chapter Leadership team, where they work towards planification and organization of their impact project, next steps, next events, and more. Think Tank sessions are reported back to Singularity HQ to stay up-to-date with the Chapters developments and activities.
- Community Building Events: Chapters are expected to conduct at least 2 annual events that are free and open to the public, either virtual, in person or hybrid.
Chapter Calls: Singularity HQ conducts monthly Chapter meetings between Global Ambassadors all over the world and our team, so at least 1 Global Ambassador per team is required to attend.